LOW CARB WHITE BREAD RECIPE. CLEANSING TO LOSE WEIGHT. CALORIES IN CHICKEN FRIED STEAK
Low Carb White Bread Recipe
- (Bread Recipes) the Yeminis enjoy a wide variety of breads some of which are prepared at home and some bought from shops. Breads like Malooga ( this is a kind of a flatbread which is cooked on a taboon.. It is consumed with scrambled eggs or spiced buttermilk or other accompaniment dishes.
- Low in carbohydrates
- Low-carbohydrate diets or low-carb diets are dietary programs that restrict carbohydrate consumption usually for weight control or for the treatment of obesity. Foods high in digestible carbohydrates (e.g.
- Low-carb jerky products are those containing 3 grams of carbohydrates or less per serving size. The Jerky.com homepage features a section of products that fall into this category.
- Paint or turn (something) white
- a member of the Caucasoid race
- being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light; "as white as fresh snow"; "a bride's white dress"
- whiten: turn white; "This detergent will whiten your laundry"
Breadman TR2500BC Ultimate Plus 2-Pound Stainless-Steel Convection Breadmaker
Bring Home the Bakery! Fall in love with your favorite breads and baked goods all over again! Featuring 16 unique baking functions in 3 loaf sizes – 1, 1.5 & 2 lb. – plus light, medium and dark crust control, you can make all your favorite breads, dough and even jams with ease – including low carb and gluten free! Our patented automatic fruit & nut dispenser means no more waiting around, while convection technology ensures even cooking and professional results.Please Note: When delivered, kneading paddle may be attached to the power cord of the bread maker.
Rice Bowl with Chicken, Leeks and Dried Cranberries
"I Made This........138"
This recipe was adapted from one I saw in Cooking Light Magazine in January. It was actually intended to be a light version of fried rice, but...well, really! What would be the point? If you want fried rice, go for it, and the next day try to eat healthier.
So, I turned it into a rice bowl. What really attracted me to this recipe was the fact it had dried cranberries in it, which is my current snack food at work. Oh, and in case you didn't get it a few photos back, I love leeks!!
You could use just about any combination of ingredients in this recipe. In fact, you could probably do a 365 cookbook of just rice bowls.
Anyway, here is the recipe for this one.
In a pot, add 4 cups chicken stock, and add some cracked pepper, sea salt, thyme and basil, either fresh or dried. Also add some chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, my current obsession. Heat to boiling, add two cups of rice, put on the lid, reduce to simmer, and let cook for about 25 minutes.
I had some shredded carrot left from the other recipe I did, so I added them to the chicken stock for color in the rice mixture.
Cook four boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and cut into small pieces. I actually used the char grill at work. You cook use a grill, bake them, cook them in a grill pan, a George Forman, saute them in a fry pan in olive oil...whatever method you choose.
Slice the whites and some of the light green of some leeks. I used about 12. Rinse very well, and saute in a pan in olive oil, with a few splashes of chicken stock added, until tender.
Put about two cups of dried cranberries in hot water and let them plump a bit.
When the rice is finished, add the chicken, leeks and cranberries, and toss to combine.
You could also use brown rice. I just didn't want to spend an hour cooking brown rice. Yeah I know, sustainable, organic, eco-friendly, locally sourced, natural grown, nutrient dense, know your food supplier....I have heard it all. A year from now, chefs will be throwing a two foot mound of cotton candy on top of your dinner and calling it the latest food trend.
The basil, thyme and leeks contain antioxidents, the cranberries are good for you in fiber, plus their natural kidney and urinary tract bennies, rice is full of nutrients, carrot contains essential beta-carotine and vitamins, and chicken is a low fat protien. Oh, and the olive oil has lots of omega-3 fatty acids to clense the bad cholestoral out of your arteries. Forgive me for shunning brown rice. LOL!!
One last note. Some people who are dieting will say, oh rice...carbs...must avoid. No way! I lost 125 pounds last year and ate plenty of rice....and pasta.....and bread...and potatoes. Carbs are essential foods for the body. Deny your body what it needs, and it will become a craving with a vengence. In a bad way.
OK, I will step down from my soapbox for a minute. Just for a minute.
Baked Egg with Leeks in Cream
It's snowing like mad here...Well, for Dallas. Huge flakes falling very fast. A day for staying home, so I wanted something besides the typical bacon and eggs or Special K... My friend Casey alerted me to this. It doesn't take long to make, about 8 minutes of sauteeing the leeks and 8-14 minutes in the oven....depending on how firm you like your eggs. From the NY Times Magazine. You will absolutely go crazy for this! The leeks are the mildest member of the onion family and the taste is very subtle.
Recipes adapted from Camino in Oakland, Calif.
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup sliced leeks, light green and white parts only
2 sprigs thyme, leaves roughly chopped
2 sprigs parsley, leaves roughly chopped
1 large farm-fresh egg
About 2 tablespoons half-and-half
Coarsely ground black pepper
Grilled or toasted bread slices.
1. Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. In a small saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks, a splash of water and a pinch of salt and cook until the leeks are tender, about 2 minutes. Add the herbs and transfer to a 6-inch cazuela, cocotte or other ceramic dish, covering the bottom with the butter, leeks and herbs.
2. Crack the egg into the middle of the dish. Add enough half-and-half to barely cover the white. Sprinkle with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Cook until the white is set, 8 to 12 minutes. Serve with grilled or toasted bread.
(I omitted the bread, but sprinkled the leaks with finely grated fresh parmesan before placing the egg and pouring the cream. Next time I'd make them in a wider, bowl with a little less half and half. Carb count is extremely low.)
low carb white bread recipe
The Bread Bible is the one book on the subject no kitchen should be without -- and now it's available in paperback. A trusted authority on baking, Beth Hensperger has brought together hundreds of time-tested recipes, both classic and intriguingly original, from Gruyere Pullman Loaf and Farm-Style White Bread with Cardamom to fragrant Tuscan Peasant Bread and Classic Buttermilk Biscuits. And don't just think loaves. Steamed Pecan Corn Bread, pancakes, golden brioches, flatbreads, focaccia, pizza dough, dinner rolls, dessert breads, strudels, breakfast buns -- the choices are endless. The recipes are foolproof, step-by-step, and easy-to-follow. Busy bakers will also appreciate the excellent selection of recipes for bread machines and food processors. With a glossary and easy-to follow tips such as how to store and reheat bread, The Bread Bible is "a keeper for anyone who likes to bake or plans to get started." -Chicago Tribune
daily calories intake
child weight loss diet
vitamins and herbs for weight loss
how long should i jump rope to lose weight
weight loss after pregnancy
healthy food high in calories
how many calories in a jolly rancher candy
cheap weight loss products
weight loss cutting calories
how many calories in 1 cup of skim milk